Peter Lehmann Masters Mentor Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 was an outstanding vintage. The weather was mild throughout with cool nights allowing a gentle, slow ripening which has produced red wines of great poise and substance.
Sourced from low yielding established vines in the Barossa sub districts of Rosedale, Light Pass, Stockwell, Tanunda and Vine Vale.
Fermented and kept on skins for two weeks together with partial barrel fermentation during this time. Following pressing and clarification the wine was matured in French oak hogsheads for 15 months.
Mentor is an ideal accompaniment to richer dishes such as duck, goose and game – try it with Peking duck pancakes, grilled spicy Italian sausages or venison pie.
Peter Lehmann mentored countless people over his 50-year career, and this wine is named in his honour.
Great Barossa Cabernet Sauvignon has layers of texture and flavour. By drawing fruit from a number of Barossa sub-regions – each with their own unique terroir – Mentor Cabernet captures immense varietal definition with added complexity of old vine, low-yielding fruit matured in 100% French oak barrels.
Mentor is made as the best expression of Barossa Cabernet of vintage, with addition of small portions of complementary varieties in certain years.
Mentor growers keep yields low and produce fruit that displays classic lifted cassis and violet characters.
Awards & Accolades
- Bronze 2015 Barossa Wine Show, Class 13 2013 Vintage
- Silver 2015 London International Wine and Spirit Competition 2012 Vintage
- Bronze 2014 Sydney Royal Wine Show, Class 31 2012 Vintage
- Silver 2013 Royal Adelaide Wine Show, Class 26 2010 Vintage
- Silver 2013 London International Wine and Spirit Competition
- Bronze 2014 Sydney Royal Wine Show, Class 43 2010 Vintage
- Bronze 2014 London International Wine Challenge 2010 Vintage
- Bronze 2013 Barossa Wine Show, Class 13 2010 Vintage
- Blue Gold 2013 Sydney International Wine Show 2009 Vintage
- Silver 2011 Barossa Wine Show, Class 17 2009 Vintage
- Bronze 2013 Sydney Wine Show, Class 49 2009 Vintage
- Bronze 2013 Royal Adelaide Wine Show, Class 53 2009 Vintage
- Bronze 2010 Brisbane Wine Show, Class 22 2009 Vintage
- Silver 2012 London International Wine & Spirit Competition 2008 Vintage
- Bronze 2012 Royal Adelaide Wine Show, Class 25 2008 Vintage
- Bronze 2012 Barossa Wine Show, Class 13 2008 Vintage