The Ashbrook Estate Semillon is grown on a variety of trellising systems and picked over several weeks to produce a wine which encompasses a range of flavours and aromas, Ashbrook Semillon is unwooded.
Established by the Devitt family in 1975, Ashbrook produced its first commercial wine in 1979 and its 30th vintage in 2008. Only grapes handpicked and grown on the Estate are used and all processing, winemaking, bottling and packaging are closely controlled using the Estate’s own state of the art facilities. This wine displays a strong varietal aroma which is typically grassy, a characteristic of Margaret River Semillons. No oak is used in production.
Ashbrook Estate Semillon Awards:
- James Halliday’s Weekend Australian Top 100 1997 and 1998
- First place 2003 and 2005 Sheraton WA Wine Awards
- 95 points James Halliday (2007, 2008)
- Matthew Jukes (UK) Top 100 Australian Wines 2004
- 94 points James Halliday (2011, 2013)
- 92 points Ray Jordan (2014, 2015)